Amphenol Ltd is part of the $8 billion p.a. Amphenol Corporation – a market leading, global, interconnect specialist. This successful site employs c230 people and specialises in the design and manufacture of a diverse range of connectors and interconnect products for a highly demanding customer base in the Aerospace, Military and Industrial sectors. Poised for further growth, and investment, we are now seeking to recruit a Cable Assembly Business Manager who will help deliver unrivalled levels of excellence. The successful applicant will be responsible for developing long-term growth and customer satisfaction for the LTD added value product group.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Maintain and grow to budgeted targets the entire cable assembly/added value business unit (current £7m)
- Manage and develop key existing strategic customers and identify and develop new opportunities with these customers
- Engage actively at all times with the ALTD sales team and sister companies to identify and develop targets for new Cable Assembly/added value opportunities among existing ALTD customers and programmes.
- Work closely with colleagues across Amphenol group to develop cross-selling opportunities
- Provide reliable forecast data for the business unit
- Coordinate closely with Customer Services to meet customer expectations, providing an excellent standard of customer support.
- Fulfil the Product management function of advising : pricing levels, product rationalisation, new product development, opportunity attractiveness, customer communication and promotion.
- Report sales performance through key performance indicators
- Work closely with the Engineering, Operations and Planning departments to ensure orders can be fulfilled in line with client expectations
- Contribute to the annual strategic planning exercise with clear strategic growth plans for the business unit
- Maintain a proven understanding of Amphenol product information and the ability to advise customers on the most suitable products
- Develop and maintains multi-level business relationships, often with senior management.
- Develop sales strategies for territory or region, identifying opportunities for increasing sales and/or new business.
- Monitor market trends
- Travel – ability to travel up to 80% of role, primarily within the UK
For more information, please refer to the attached documents
Please go to our website to view our Data Protection Policy and Job Applicant Privacy Notice. If you would like a hard copy of these documents please contact the HR Department.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.